0P24 PROG CHECK
Cause: Channel Status Word program check. Programming error detected by channel. Sense
data printed with this message is meaningless, because generation of the message is not
preceded by a sense command.
Programmer Action: Bytes 8-11 of the CCB addressed in this message point to the failing
CCW chain. Obtain a system dump at the time of the error, locate the CCW chain, and look
for one of the following errors:
· The first CCW is not on a doubleword boundary.
· The CCW addressed in a TIC (transfer-in—channel) is not on a doubleword boundary.
· The first CCW address, or the CCW address issued by a TIC, is invalid.
· The failing CCW command code is X'n0' (where n is any number).
· The data count of a CCW, other than a TIC, is zero.
· The data address, or the data address plus the count, is outside real storage.
· Bits 37-39 of a CCW. other than a TIC, are not zero.
· The first CCW in a chain is a TIC, or one TIC points to a second TIC.
Make the necessary corrections and resubmit the job.
If the problem recurs, issue the ROD command, execute EREP (see DOS/VS SADP), and have
· dump output
· job stream
· program listing
· log sheet
available for problem determination.
Operator Action: See Figure 4 at the beginning of this section.
Used with Courtesy and Permission of International Business Machines, Inc.