3M21I INVALID OPERAND xxxxxx
Cause: A librarian control statement contains an invalid or blank operand, or a CONDS, PL,
RL, or SL is requested from a foreground partition.
System Action: The message is printed on SYSLST.
If the invalid operand
· Is on a COPY card — the copy of the invalid operand is ignored, but all other valid operands are
· Is on the NEV\NOL or MERGE card — the job is canceled.
· Is on the COPYI statement for a MERGE and does not specify RES,NRS or NRS,RES, or the operand
is not $$A$IPL2 - the job is canceled.
· Is ALL (not concatenated with the first four characters of a program name) in a DELETC statement -
no part of the library is deleted.
· Is ALL, specified as new name in a RENAMC or RENAMP statement — the invalid pair is ignored.
· Is a missing library on an ALLOC card — the job is canceled. (On an ALLOC card all libraries must be
If a CONDS PL, RL, or SL was requested from a foreground partition, the condense request is ignored.
If two consecutive NEWVOL statements concerning the same library are encountered, the job is canceled.
Programmer Action: Correct the statement in error and rerun the job.
If the problem recurs, execute a DSERV of any libraries being used. Have the
· job stream
· printer output
available for problem determination.
Operator Action: none.
Used with Courtesy and Permission of International Business Machines, Inc.