4n31D VOLUME SEQUENCE ERROR
4131D VOLUME SEQUENCE ERROR
4231D VOLUME SEQUENCE ERROR
4331D VOLUME SEQUENCE ERROR
4431D VOLUME SEQUENCE ERROR
4531D VOLUME SEQUENCE ERROR
4631D VOLUME SEQUENCE ERROR
4731D VOLUME SEQUENCE ERROR
4831D VOLUME SEQUENCE ERROR
4931D VOLUME SEQUENCE ERROR
Cause: The volume sequence number on the current pack is not equal to that supplied in the
DLBL information, or
The disk pack is not being processed sequentially.
System Action: If SYSLOG is assigned to a keyboard, the system waits for a response from
the operator; otherwise, the job is canceled.
Programmer Action: Check that the EXTENT cards are in ascending sequence.
Compare the volume sequence number field in the VTOC display (see DOS/VS SADP) with the
sequence number in the LSERV output, or the extent sequence number in the EXTENT cards.
If the problem recurs, have the
· job stream
· printer output
· VTOC display
· program listing
· LSERV output
available for problem determination.
1. Check whether the disk packs were mounted in the correct sequence.
2. Type CANCEL or CANCELV or press END/ENTER key to cancel the job or subtask, or
- Type DSPLYV to obtain a VTOC display, then type IGNORE to continue processing. Any
other response causes an INVALID RESPONSE message.
3. If standard (permanent) labels were used. execute LSERV and return the output to your
I 4n32I VOLUME SEQUENCE ERROR
Cause: The sequence numbers in the HDR1 labels for the file being processed are not in
ascending consecutive sequential order, or
The multivolume indicators in the HDR1 labels for the file being processed are one of the
· An L on the first volume
· A blank on any but the first volume
System Action: The job is canceled.
Programmer action: Check that:
1. the diskettes were loaded in the proper sequence.
2. the diskette volume sequence numbers in the file labels are correct.
3. the multivolume indicator sequence (or fields) are correctly specified.
4. the EXTENT cards are in the correct sequence.
Operator Action: none.
248 DOS/VS Messages
Used with Courtesy and Permission of International Business Machines, Inc.