IKJPRM00 - TIOC parameters used to control TSO/TCAM time sharing buffers.
Parameter in IEASYSxx
1. Optional member used to control TSO/TCAM time sharing buffers.
2. Not used by system initialization.
* Each record must start with the word TIOC, followed by a blank.
* For each record, columns 1 through 71 are valid for data.
* A parameter must be complete in a record, it may not cross record boundaries.
* A parameter may be repeated, only the last occurrence is accepted.
* A comma or blank must separate adjacent keywords.
* Invalid or misspelled parameters are ignored and default values are substituted.
Parameter Meaning and Use Valid Range Default Value
BUFSIZE Specifies the storage size of a TIOC buffer. 20-252 64
BUFFERS Specifies the number of buffers in the TIOC buffer pool. 4-32,768 six times the
INLOCKHI Specifies the number of TIOC buffers to be allocated to a
terminal user for input before his keyboard is locked.
INLOCKHI must be large enough to permit TIOC to receive the
largest possible legitimate input message sent from any
terminal in the system. 1-32,768 4
INLOCKLO Specifies a low threshold of allocated input buffers.
When the number of allocated input buffers is reduced to or
below this number, the user's keyboard is unlocked. less than 1
OWAITHI Specifies the maximum number of output buffers than can be
allocated to a terminal. When that number is reached, the
users' address space is placed in output wait and is swapped
out of real storage. 1-32,767 20
OWAITLO Specifies a low threshold value for the number of allocated
output buffers. When the number of output buffers reaches
this value, the system resource manager is notified that the
terminal user's job can be swapped into storage and allowed
to execute. less than 4
RECONLIM Specifies the time limit in minutes within which a user may
reconnect after his TP line has been disconnected. 0-32,767 0
RESVBUF Specifies the minimum number of free buffers that are
available. Its purpose is to maintain a reserve of free
buffers that can handle output without bottlenecking the
system. If the number of free buffers falls below this value,
all terminals are locked for input, regardless of INLOCKHI
value. The terminals will be unlocked when the number
of free buffers becomes equal to RESVBUF. 1 - value of 10% of the
BUFFERS number of
USERMAX Specifies the maximum number of time sharing users that
may be logged on. 1-32,767 Total number