VATLST00 -- Volume attribute list that defines the "mount" and "use" attributes of direct access volumes.
VATLSTxx replace PRESRES.
Parameter in IEASYSxx
VAL=(aa,bb, . . .)
1. Do not specify a list at a given IPL that contains entries for volumes that will not be
mounted unless "N" is specified to suppress the mount message. Specifying "Y" will cause
unmounted volumes to require operator intervention with resultant delay.
2. A private volume is allocated only to a specific volume request.
3. A public volume is allocated to temporary, non-specific volume request (or possibly to a
specific volume request). A scratch data set would be placed on a public volume.
4. A storage volume is allocated primarily to a non-temporary non-specific volume request.
(A temporary non-specific volume request may also be allocated to a storage volume. A
storage volume can also be allocated to a specific volume request.)
5. A storage volume is required by the SAVE subcommand of EDIT for a newly created data set.
* Each record consists of 80 columns, although columns 22 through 80 are ignored.
* The fields are column-dependent.
* There are only two required fields: the volume serial number and the device type. All
other fields have defaults.
* Separate the adjacent fields by comma, except before the optional information field
* Specify all characters in EBCDIC.
vvvvvv - Volume serial number (up to 6 chars)
m - Mount attribute (1 char)
u - Use attribute (1 char)
dddddddd - Device type (up to 8 chars)
s - Mount message suppressio indicator (1 char)
Parameter Column Meaning and Use Value-Range Default-Value
VOL-SER 1-6 Specifies the direct access volume whose 1 to 6 A/N None
mount and use attributes are to be set. Chars Left
The volume serial number must begin at the Justified
first character position in the record.
Mount Attribute 8 Specifies whether the volume is to be 0 or 1 0
permanently resident or reserved. Default
is assigned if any character other than 1
* 0 - Specifies permanently resident
* 1 - Specifies reserved
Use Attribute 10 Specifies whether the volume is to be 0-2 1
defined as storage, public, or private.
The default is assigned if any character
other than 0 or 2 is specified.
* 0 - Specifies storage
* 1 - Specifies public
* 2 - Specifies private
Device Type 12-19 Specifies the device name, such as 2305-1. 1 to 8 A/N None
Up to eight characters may be specified, Characters
but the first character must start in column Left
12. Only supported device types are Justified
acceptable. This parameter indicates the
basic device but does not denote special
features, such as track overflow. The
operator must be informed if the device
requires a special feature to process the
data on the designated volume.
Caution: For 3330V volumes, do not specify
"3330V" as you would specify for another device.
Instead, specify "Vxxx" where xxx is the unit
address of the 3330V device that the volume is to
be mounted on.
mount 21 Specifies whether mount messages should be issued N, blank, Blank
message for the volume if it is not already mounted. This or any
suppression parameter is ignored for MSS volumes. character
* N - Specifies that mount messages should be
* [blank] or any other character except N
Specifies that mount messages should be issued.
optional 23-80 Contains any desired descriptive information. The NA None
information information is not used by the system. It appears in